Diploma holders in Civil/ Mechanical engineering with 5-8 years experience capable of handling site activities like quality check execution, ability to co-ordinate with contractors, architects and clients. Must have thorough knowledge of drawing reading and a basic knowledge of safety practice. Should be prepared to be a located in any part of the country.
1. Acting as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, crafts people and operatives.
2. Setting out, leveling and surveying the site.
3. Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
4. Ensuring all materials used and work performed are as per specifications.
5. Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant.
6. Agreeing a price for materials, and making cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project.
7. Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client/architect.
8. Liaising with any consultants, sub-contractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project.
9. Liaising with the local authority to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws.
10. Liaising with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress.
11. Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors.
12. Planning the work and efficiently organising the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines.
13. Overseeing quality control, health and safety matters on site.
14. Preparing reports as required.
15. Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties, and other problems that may arise.